Saturday, May 2, 2009

Off to the Ship


Hello again - I don't know when I will be able to write agian - we are now in the lobby waiting for the Navy to come and pick us up. We can see the ship out of our hotel room and it must be huge because it is big from off in the distance. This morning we had the opportunity to meet Elder Cook from the Quorum of the 12. He is here to do training and just so happened to be staying at the same hotel we are. He took the time to talk with all of us and it was a nice visit. We have also met up with other medical groups who are also serving on the ship. they are not LDS but love hanging around with us. What can I say, we are a fun group and very non threatening. We all are wearing our blue polo shirt that the church provided us, with our missionary looking name tags. We have had lots of people stop and look or ask what it is we will be doing. We still don't know if we will get to the ship by helicopter (which we all hope) or if it will be by boat, which I understand is quite and interesting experience (which we don't want). To all of you who think I will be having fun in the sun, this could not be further from the truth. Apparently I will be on the ship the whole time, and not only on the ship, but in the belly of the ship. So it is my understanding that I will become a creature of the underground and come up only for the required 10 min sun exposure once a day. I think my body is going to be is sun withdraw mode for a while and I will have to be reintroduced to the sun when I am finished. Good thing Lake Powell is right around the corner. Well I am off and I will hopefully be in touch soon. Love you all. Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment