Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday at Sea

I have had a fun day. We are en route to Antingua. It has been very relaxed and full of activities. We had our steel beach party on the flight deck and proceeded to drive right into a major storm so the party was cut short. The boat is rocking away but I still have had no trouble with sea sickness and I suspect that I won't. Earlier we had a fire drill and an abandoned ship drill. You don't realize how big the flight deck is until you have 95% of the people from the boat on deck and there is still tons of room. I had a meeting with the OR manager and got an update of what the tentative schedule will be. I think tomorrow I will be on the ship getting the rooms ready for surgery and then on Wednesday I will go on shore to do pre-op screening and then hopefully we will start doing surgeries on Thursday. Tonight at the regular meeting we will go over the whole plan while we are in Antigua. It will be nice to start doing something. I am still trying to figure out how I can do pictures. I am taking plenty of them I just at this time don't have a way to transfer them to this computer to upload. I have hardly been outside since I have been here, it is crazy. Believe it or not it is not convienient to go outside because half the time a lot of the decks are closed for the flight deck operations and I don't understand all of the Navy gargin to know what they are saying about where you are alowed to go. I am getting better.
Bye for Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment