Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting Ready

I am looking forward to tomorrow. Our first surgery is at 7am so I will be at the OR by 6am to get ready. I hope it will not take long to get into the groove of things. I am feeling a little disorganized because it is so different here than my work. The medical group I will be working with is a team from the Netherlands, so I am hoping I can just slide right in and join the party with out to much difficulty. They are all very nice so I am sure it will work out just fine.

The weather here is beautiful and the water is a turquoise green. The island is just like the other Caribbean islands, very laid back and for the most part friendly. It is a place where the poverty level is not as bad as the other places we have been or are going to but there is still alot of need.

Living on this ship has made me take note of so many things that I take for granted. Seeing what this mission is accomplishing and the major preparation that it took to make it happen, has increased my gratitude 10 fold for my incredible blessed life. I am in awe of the military and all that they do. They are soooo unappreciated!! I am very interested in learning all the ranks of the different arms of the military, it is very confusing. I know enough to get by though and that is enough. I hope all is well with everyone. I feel a little out of touch. You can send me email at rebeccawolthuis@gmail.com. Love Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment